Re: towing and information overload?

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sat Jul 05 2003 - 01:06:01 EDT

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 16:58:52 -0400, 2punch.crash2000@AHM.com ("Punch")
wrote:

>can a 4x4 quad cab tow more then a 2wd?
>
>is the tow rating different between sport, and other versions?
>
>what would my future boat weigh? ( 19-25ft sport type leisure craft, with
>trailer etc...)
>
>my friends say 2wd will slip on the boat launch.

Only if you are pulling more than the capacity of your vehicle's
drivetrain or you are just a moron. I've never used (or had to use)
4wd mode to pull my boat out of the water. Even when my rear tires
were partially submerged on a really crappy ramp it was no problem.
The only time the tires will slip at all is if you punch the gas.
Just ease into it nice and slow and you won't slip at all.

Your trailer will weigh a good 800-1000 lbs. In that size range,
depending on options, amount of gear, amount of fuel, etc., your boat
will probably weigh anywhere from 3000-5000 lbs.

-Bill