Re: Re: 4X4 info

From: andylevy@yahoo.com
Date: Sat Jul 05 2003 - 11:11:51 EDT

In article <001901c34272$4b56f1c0$020def41@pavilion>, kwreimer@msn.com ("kevin
reimer") writes:

> Shift on the fly is the electronic switch you turn off and on to engage or
> disengage the 4x4 option, I like mine. The fulltime / part time 4x4 is like
> the Subaru all wheel drive system, it is in like 4x4 all the time for better
> traction. Another nice feature if you live in like a country or State that
> gets lots of snow, rain. Gee like Canada.. All are nice features.

Shift on the fly does not require the electronic switch. Before 2001 all our
Dakotas were shift on the fly but were lever-operated. I miss my
lever-operated 4WD - I knew when it was in and out because I felt the
engagement. The electronics are more convenient and I imagine are programmed
to not let you do something stupid like attempt 4LO at 40 MPH.

Also note that if you want a manual transmission, fulltime 4WD is not available
with it.