Re: Help! Dead Dakota

From: Ron (menoldre@adelphia.net)
Date: Sat Jul 05 2003 - 18:40:55 EDT

Okay, I followed the link at the bottom. I kind of laughed, then thought,
yeah that could happen. So I ripped apart the wiring harness and found the
splice, mine was only three wires, looked in the end and see nothing but
green. So I unwrap the splice, as I am doing so, one of the ends snap off,
before I get the tape all the way off, another snaps off. So I cut the last
one off, strip the wires, solder the three back together, jump in the car,
turn the ignition and ....... nothing, well, same symptoms.

Okay, the splice was one of my problems (or one waiting to happen), but
still having more. Since I presumbaly burned up all of my fuel in the line,
is there air in there now. Do I have to somehow prime the system to get it
to work? I added about two gallons of gas from my lawnmower (4 cycle)
bottle to the tank but still nothing. I don't smell any gas so I don't
think I have a split or leaking fuel line.

Next thing tomorrow is dist cap and rotor. It is very hot here in VA.

What are the chances the fuel pump relay is bad?

Last thing I want to do is drop the tank, but it is looking more and more
like the pump.

Thanks,
-Ron M.
95 CC V6 Sport.