Re: Downey LTD Installation

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Sun Jul 06 2003 - 03:35:52 EDT

On Sun, 06 Jul 2003 02:02:53 -0400, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> Bill,
>
> The instructions are a single page, two sided. Looks like
>they may have forgotton to copy the back side on your sheet. :-)

*sigh* It appears that way... my sheet is just one sided. I got fed
up and left the house for a while after my post (not in my Dak,
unfortunately) and figured it all out in my head while I was gone. I
did the rest of the installation by guessing. (I suppose I've put
together enough cheap chinese "kit" projects that I can usually figure
things out if I think about them long enough)

The amazing thing is that I seem to have done everything right, except
that I probably overtightened the clamps. I'll loosen them a little
bit in the morning (it'll still be plenty secure). I also started
snapping at the front, then went down each of the sides... and didn't
quite have enough slack left over by the time I got to the back.
Instead of unsnapping and resnapping everything, I think I'll just let
the truck sit in the sun for an hour or so tomorrow and then snap the
back :-)

> If you would like me to scan in that page and e-mail it to
>you, or fax it to you, just let me know and I would be glad to
>do so. I won't be able to get around to doing it until probably
>sometime Sunday afternoon or evening though.

It'd be great if you could e-mail me a copy. I've got everything
figured out now, but in case I ever sell the truck and/or the cover,
I'd like to be able to include all of the manuals and such with it.

Thanks again,

-Bill