Ball Joints

From: Gary Hedlin (ghedlin@theramp.net)
Date: Sun Jul 06 2003 - 05:02:52 EDT

Yesterday I took the truck in to get the tires rotated, and one of the techs
pointed out to me that my ball joints are needing replaced. After 160,000
miles I could see why, plus they didn't look too good when I saw them for
myself. So heres a few questions

Is this a "do it yourself" job, or should I let the shop handle this?? If I
can do this myself, what brand should I use??

However, if I decide to let the shop do it, is $400 a fair price for the
job?

The guy said I do have a few months left, so i'm not too worried about it.
But still, I want to start planning for when I do need to change them.

Thanks in advance!!

Gary Hedlin
President
Hedlin Web Designs
http://www.hedlin.net

Gary's Wisdom- #1

-No matter what you say, you will always offend some stupid people!