Gibson Muffler #?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Jul 08 2003 - 09:10:50 EDT

I have had my Gibson dual rear exit exhaust system
(anodized aluminum) on since 1998. I noticed that
the muffler sounded like there was and hole in it.
The night before last Sunday's Grand Bend's Mopar Day,
we found a long narrow slit which had opened up from rust
at the weld of the back plate and did a diy repair job in
the motel's parking lot. Work great!

If anyone readily knows the part number or the muffler that
is used with the system (part # 6505), could you post it up?
I've looked at the Gibson sight but they don't list the individual
parts used in the system. Thanks.

Bob Tom Ontario, Canada
97 Dakota CC Sport, 5.2L, 4x2, 44RE, 4.56 SG, 4,080 lb (truck, driver, 3/8
tank)
Track PB: ET 14.30 sec. Trap speed 97.36 mph