RE: Re: how to re-synch distributor?

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-ns.com)
Date: Tue Jul 08 2003 - 12:16:08 EDT

Sorry, missed the original post on this, and didn't notice if anyone else
already answered.

Set #1 piston to TDC. (Verify you are at TDC: Checking that rotor is
pointing to the #1 plug wire.) Hook up a voltmeter to the 3-pin connector
coming from the pickup in the distributor. Rotate distributor to just
before the voltage switches from 0 to +5. Only thing I can't remember off
the top of my head is which two pins of the connector to use.
Rich - Ashburn, VA

<...snip>

There is another way but I've read that it is not that accurate. I thought
that I had this procedure somewhere but haven't found it so far.

Bob