Re: [SuperHawk]Tire Pressure

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Wed Jul 09 2003 - 10:13:57 EDT

>>> titan@isd.net 07/07/03 11:32PM >>>
...he run nearly tire
pressures much closer to race on the street...
bill

When I did a track day type of thing, the Dunlop guys who were working there
basically said the same thing, use the same tire pressures on the street as
you would on the track, but maybe bump it up a pound (f & r).

Chris in MN

Here's an annoying question, where can you get an ACCURATE tire guage? I have 3 guages, and none of them match each other or the guage on my compressor, and I am talking about an 8 psi range between them!! I have a long-stick milton truck guage, a cheapo dial autozone and a $25 Zefal bicycle guage. The Compressor guages are craftsman. Are digital guages any more accurate [consistant]?? Has anybody tried 3 or 4 guages to check them for consistancy? I suppose if it were off by a couple of pounds, it wouldn't matter so much if you were consistant...