Re: NEED YOUR HELP WITH DEALERSHIP RIPPING ME OFF!

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Jul 09 2003 - 11:15:06 EDT

It seems to me that they should pay the cost of the repairs (again) because
they performed the work incorrectly in the first place. Additionally, you
may want to look into having your insurance company pay to have the truck
repainted... If you've got a low deductable that is. Sorry to hear that
you're getting screwed.

Oh, and weren't you trying to sell this truck not too long ago? I thought
you said there weren't any paint imperfections...

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

<dapurple59rt@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:beh9gu$ba4$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > > OK, first off I had them repaint some spots on the cab/door that were > discoloring. However, turns out just weeks later it was back and even worse! > Now it's three times as bad as it originally was and after consulting the > fellows on the Delphi R/T board it looks like the problem is that these guys > didn't preep the surface and may have just thrown the paint on bare metal with > no primer! You can see pics here: > http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=dakotart&msg=14534.1. > Well, I emailed them the day before yesterday and they won't call or email me. > > In addition to this problem, after my dad rearended me I paid them extra to > repaint the bed/tailgate because the tonneau had scratched it and SPECIFICALLY > told them seirously 15 times to put down protective tape on the bd/tailgate to > prevent rescratching. The didn't cand claimed they, a body shop, couldn't find > anywhere to buy it. Ugh. Months later I started bugging them again and they > magically found the tape. They repainted the bed and tailgate, but didn't put > the tape down! When I got there it was already scratched again! I asked them to > fix that and put the tape down. They refused and gave me a roll of the tape and > told me I'd have to to do it myself! AND IT HAD ALREADY RESCRATCHED! I has > words with the body shop and dealership owner and they basically said it's not > their problem. I think it is SINCE I PAID THEM TO PUT THE DAMN TAPE DOWN A YEAR > BEFORE!!!!!! > > I need someone who works at a dealership or somewhere in Chrysler Corp. to give > them a little call as they're just BSing me away. Their number is: > > (606) 437-1300 <-- Dealership Main # > (606- 437-1300 <-- DIRECT LINE TO THE BODY SHOP. > > Just FYI, they also BSed me and made me buy some parts to replace a valve body > there people installed wrong in routine tranny service. :/ > > THIS IS A 5 STAR DEALERSHIP, SO PULLING ON THAT THREAD SOME MIGHT HELP A > LITTLE! > > I hope someone can help me out. > > PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CROSSPOST THIS TO ANY MOPAR BOARD/MAILING LIST YOU ARE IN > AND ANY MEMBERS WHO CAN HELP THEIR IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED! > > Thanks Guys, > > -Ryan Stewart > dapurplert@dakota-durango.com