RE: Re: RE: Last bit of V8 Throttle Body help

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sat Jul 12 2003 - 08:24:22 EDT

Chris,

Here's a quick and dirty method to adjust your throttle valve cable. As you
look at the throttle body from the passenger side of the truck, the TV cable
is the one that connects to the bracket from your left and runs down to the
transmission. On the cable where it attaches to the bracket is a large bump
with a flat spot facing you. When you press that in it releases the lock on
the cable. While you hold that button in you will find that you can grasp
the cable sheath with your left hand and pull it toward the firewall and
push it toward the front of the truck. Pulling it toward the firewall will
increase your shift rpm. When you release the button the cable will be
locked in place. Try different settings until you get the shift points
where you want them. If you need pictures or more detailed info I can get
you that on Monday. Going racing right now for the weekend.

RayB