Re: !@##%#&^#$*# shocks!!!

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jul 14 2003 - 15:58:38 EDT

Josh Battles wrote:

> For some ungodly reason, the nut
> became bonded with the shaft of the shock... what's so weird about that you
> might say??? well, an impact wouldn't move it, i tried to grab the shaft and
> hold it in place and that wouldn't do it either. It also took me 3 cuts
> with a nut splitter to get the darn thing off because of that little washer
> that's attached to the nut. Grrr!!

That happened on my front shocks on Christine. It took Ye Ole Dremel to get
them out. And I snapped the passenger side lower bolt in the lower control
arm. I had to pull the arm off and have a metal shop drill the freaking thing
out. ARUGH!!!

Terrible Tom

*********COUNTDOWN (8) DAYS UNTIL M-DAY*********

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2
Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4
Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name And Yahoo Messenger Name: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL:
http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/