Turbo Dakotas

From: Aaron Wyse (awyse@sw.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jul 16 2003 - 03:38:12 EDT

I was discussing our concepts and ideas of the turbo 2.5L's with a guy at
the machine shop; and upon looking under the hood of my Gen II. Quickly came
up with a way that may simplify doing the turbo conversions. Rather than
fabricate and relocate the intake & exhaust routing.. He suggested just
moving the eng & trans forward ( not like we don't have plenty of room). Be
easier to lengthen a driveshaft, and move the shift linkage.. Or if you go
with an AT.. just the driveshaft.
Does this sound like it may be more feasible?
Aaron Wyse
94 RC WS 2.5L 5spd
84 RamCharger 4X4 5.9L
86 Shelby Charger Turbo