RE: ATTN: '03 BBQ Caravan folks

From: Norah Bleazard (norah.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 09:06:10 EDT

Wow, reading all this about border crossings just amazes me. As frequent
border crossers, we've never had a problem. All you need is a birth
certificate and your driver's license. It's Canada, not a safari to the
outer regions of Zimbabwe. Sometimes they ask to see your proof of
citizenship, sometimes they don't. Crossing the border via airports is much
more difficult. Jason carries his passport when crossing as it's easier,
but not necessary. I just carry my birth certificate and driver's license.
But you definitely need proof of citizenship, voter's registration cards,
social security, etc. have absolutely no merit (especially at an airport).
So if all you have is your birth certificate then you have no worries.

Norah Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
hers: '01 Dakota Sport 4x4, 4.7 V8, Auto, Quad Cab, black (Black Diamond)
prev: '98 Dakota Sport 4x4, 5.2 V8, Auto, Club Cab, black (Black Widow)
prev: '95 Dakota Sport 4x2, 3.9 V6, Auto, Club Cab, black (Black Ice)
prev: '93 Dakota Sport 4x2, 3.9 V6, Auto, Club Cab, electric blue
(Enterprise)
his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 3.9 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white (White Knight)