Re: common flaws

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 11:52:13 EDT

>>> Brian.Carter@texian.org 07/17/03 03:54PM >>>
.....What am I doing wrong with the brakes....

My personal theory is that they are hyper sensitive to lugnut torque for some reason or other. I have a but of a reputation at my tire place because I can tell when they use an impact to re-assemble my wheels after a rotation.. Twice I have driven around the block and brought it back, told them what they did wrong, and was correct. I torque my wheels to 100ft-lbs, EXACTLY. If any of them are more than that, I feel a wobble upon braking. Back them off to 100, and all is right with the world.... [99CC, 85k on stock rotors]