short block

From: robert.riddle@pw.utc.com
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 13:44:22 EDT

I have a 93 Dak with over 160,000 mileson the 318. I've driven it really hard
and I finally got a reason to tear into it cause the oil pressure was getting
low. After removing the heads I found a smiley face on the #2 piston, but the
valve does not seem to be bent, at least it held water anyway. I'm about to
pull the block and even though the piston walls look good, I thought now would
be a great time to put in a 360 block. I know the balancing is in the torque
converter on one engine and balanced on the crank on the other, but I'm not
sure which. Have any of you ever done this swap, and how much if I get a 360
block, will I have to get the torque converter with it? Also, I think the heads
should fit, but please correct me if I'm wrong. I guess I should also note that
I plan on getting a cam, and rockers if any one has any recommendations or
experience good or bad with certain brands. Thanks for the input!