Re: RE: Novi-2000 Dyno #'s

From: Dave Downing (ded74@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jul 19 2003 - 21:14:35 EDT

> You don't want the full advance that your PCM has on a blown motor. About
> 24-26 degress total advance at full boost to develop peak cylinder
pressures
> at ~10 degrees ATDC which is about where you'll find the Magnum is most
> efficient. The tendency is to jam as much timing as possible and that's
not
> the best approach. You only hurt parts, slow down or both.
>
> Bob

Yup, I'm gonna keep the retard up and play it safe. Definitely need to do
something about the pcm, hopefully you'll be able to help me out there ;)
I've got the retard set at 1.5 right now and it seems ok, think I should
bump it to 2 just to be safe? Gonna run her at the track next week with the
highest unleaded I can get at the track, I think they have 110.

-Dave
Still grinning from ear to ear :)