RE: Help... 1998 Dakota 3.9 with Manifold leak.

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-ns.com)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 07:08:15 EDT

Luke,
You don't need to pull the engine to repair the bolt/stud. If you have any
mechanical dexterity at all, you could do it yourself. You didn't mention
whether it was a bolt or stud that broke off. If it was one of the studs,
its possible it may have broked off out hear the manifold. In this case you
could twist the old one out with a pair of vice-grips. I have no idea
though what a garage would charge you to drill/easy-out the broked bolt or
stud.
Rich - Ashburn, VA