Re: ATTN: '03 BBQ Caravan folks

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 23:28:01 EDT

On Tuesday, July 22, 2003, at 03:13 PM, Josh Battles wrote:

> How do you like the V1? I've got a bel vector 940 and have had great
> success with it. My friend has been telling me that he's gonna get
> the V1
> b/c he says it's the better product.

I've never done any formal comparisons, but I know that I feel naked
without my V1 (let's just say I like to watch the watchers), and I
don't think I'd feel as confident with any other detector.

The bogey counter, the directional arrows and the smart muting are
things I've all come to love and depend on and I don't think any other
detector has all three.

I know it's saved my ass a few times in twisties with Smokey sitting in
driveways and parking lots, and I know that on a straight road I'll
pick up always-on *miles* in advance.

One of these days, after my friend Keith finishes his training, I might
know someone tooling around in a squad and can do some real testing.
But that's 2 years away. In the mean time, I'll pay attention to what
Bob Valentine has to say about his radar experiences, and I'll take
note of the stories he posts, while keeping in mind that I'm sure
they're la creme de la creme.

<http://www.valentine1.com/> if you want to check it out for yourself.
and I honestly recommend that you do. they're worth the extra scratch.

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
Apple Campus Rep  -  ClassTech Consultant  -  Printer Tech