Re: XM Radio

From: Droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Jul 26 2003 - 14:57:46 EDT

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 10:05:50 -0700, Bill Pitz <dakota@billpitz.com> wrote:

> satellite signal. In theory, that means that everything is hooked up
> properly to your XM receiver, since it's powering up and able to
> communicate with your head unit. I'd try going somewhere that's
> fairly open (i.e. a parking lot) and see if you can pick up the
> preview signal then. If you can't, there's probably something wrong
> with the antenna wiring or the antenna itself.

I went outside to mess around a bit with the antenna. I removed the rear
taillight cover and nothing changed. Still no broadcast. Then I pulled the
antenna wires out. Once I did that the radio indicated an antenna error. I
plugged them back in, it flashed "no signal" right quick and then went into
because I'm not getting an error. I can also scroll though the channels and
see the names and what not. So unless this comes preprogrammed into the
hardware, I really think I'm getting the signal.

--
-Droo
 Email: 03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net

http://www.granroyal.org/dakota

2003 Dakota Club Cab 4x4, V8 4.7L, Manual Transmission Rhino Liner Alpine CDA-9807 CD/MP3/WMA Player Apline SPS-!70A 6 1/2" Speakers Alpine XM Tuner MTX Thunder 311D Amplifier Sony P5 8" Subwoofer Q-custom Enclosure Business Consoile