Re: home again home again [long/ rambling]

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 01:03:35 EDT

On Monday, July 28, 2003, at 10:13 PM, Jason Bleazard wrote:

> Michael Maskalans said:
>
>> In this tired stupor, I might do something stupid, like volunteer to
>> do
>> the meet report just so I have justification to ask everyone to please
>> email any pictures you took to dml@tepidcola.com in whatever format
>> you
>> like, preferably full sized, however you choose to compress. I have
>> no
>> incoming size restrictions.
>
> BWAHAHAHA... you fool!!!

hehe =)

yeah, that's me!

> Er, I mean... Thanks Mike!!!
>
> We never even dug the digital camera out, but we dropped off three
> rolls
> of 35mm film. Once we get it back, we'll see what we can do about
> getting
> some scans.

SCORE has already beaten us to it... and they seem to be thinking of
our very own Cap'n Ahab as one of their own!
<http://www.scorejeepclub.com/photob.html>
<http://www.somedrunkguy.com/dml2003/>
I'm working on permission to use these picts as well.

>> those of you who took video, I'd like to get ahold of that too, but
>> I'm
>> not sure if there's an easy way to get yours, jon, since I didn't dub
>> it while I was there.
>
> Are you also volunteering to put together a master tape? We also got
> some
> video, probably about a half hour or so. Haven't had a chance to
> review
> it yet, but we'll sure send a copy to whoever wants one.

I certainly will. I've got the ubiquitous Very Good VCR, but I can
only play MiniDV, so those of you with VHS-C or Hi-8 or anything else
will be more difficult. if you can digitize and upload, that'd be
ideal. I of course could meet you and dub if you're close (or between
Rochester and WI/MN), or I can just deal with generational loss (not
ideal).

If you can digitize yourself, I'll be setting up an FTP account so
anyone with pictures or video can upload them for inclusion in the
report. I have lots of space (I think...). I'll get on that tomorrow.

--
Michael Maskalans                '98 Dakota SLT CC 4x4 318
details here:         <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak.html>