Re: Back home, minus one family member

From: William Hall (abeercan@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 03:07:49 EDT

> I just wanted to post that Norah and I made it home
> from the BBQ yesterday
> afternoon without any problems. Unfortunately, as
> others have already
> mentioned, our dog Bobby couldn't come home with
> us... he won't be with us
> ever again.
> Rest in peace, buddy. I'm gonna miss ya.
> Love always, Jason the "take me for a walk" guy

Jason,
   My condolences to you and your family, cats
included. I too love animals and your post brought
tears to my eyes. I have lost family pets too. I
know how it feels to see them in their favorite spots
and how it feels to wake up at night with this pit of
emptiness that just knaws at you. I am finding it
difficult to type this right now. Just remember all
the great times you had and how Bobby made your life
better. The physical body may not be with us anymore,
but the memories can never be erased. I lost my last
dog about 3 years ago, and I am sitting here now with
tears in my eyes remembering her. Bobby will still be
with you, you just might not be able to see him, but
he is there following you around and wagging your tail
when you get back home. It is tough, but the memories
will help ease the pain. I feel for you loss. A dog
has a place in a person's life that nothing can ever
replace. They are the first to greet you at the door
and the last to see you leave the door. No matter
what kind of day you may have had, they are always
there to bring in a bit of humor and joy to make the
day better. They are truely a God send and deserved
to be treated as such. I believe Bobby was treated
with much respect and he showed that in his loyalty to
you and your family. Just be sure to take some rides
in the Dakota with the window down so he can hang his
head out the window and bark at other people in their
cars. It is the memories that propel us into the
future.

The other Will