Re: Flatbed trailer

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 18:15:42 EDT

On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 05:30 PM, Neil W. Bellenger wrote:

> On Behalf Of jon@dakota-truck.net

>> There are aluminum trailers available, but I think the idea behind
>> those is more weight reduction than anything else, so I wouldn't be
>> surprised if an aluminum trailer was more expensive than steel.
>
> I'm convinced they're more expensive. However, I would never consider
> an
> aluminum trailer in our area due to the salt on the roads. Regardless
> of
> alloys, anodizing, coatings, I think it would look terrible within two
> years
> and be structurally unsound in five years.

I think you meant you'd never consider steel. at least I hope that's
what you meant. If so, I agree completely. (If you meant what you
said, I'm deeply confused and fear for your sanity =) )

--
Michael Maskalans                '98 Dakota SLT CC 4x4 318
details here:         <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak.html>