Re: Trans fluid

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Mon Aug 04 2003 - 18:22:37 EDT

On Monday, August 4, 2003, at 11:20 AM, Josh Battles wrote:

> I dunno... I'm already on my second transmission. The original one
> was
> toast at 30k.

ouch. I hope that was done under warranty.

> They found numerous chunks of metal in the pan as
> well as the tq converter. My driving style was exactly the same as it
> was
> when I had the mustang (before the 5speed went in) and I managed to
> put over
> 80k miles on that old AOD (with 100k on the clock already) and when I
> rebuilt it to sell it, it was almost perfect inside.

well, I had my pan off at 97k when I put in my TransGo kit, and it was
mighty clean in there. and I think you saw two weekends ago how I just
baby my truck (I tell ya, it's lucky to still be alive with a driver
who can garner a thumbs up from Adam)

> It seems that any way
> you cut it the new dodge transmissions are crap. I'm very
> dissatisfied with
> mine, and the trick shift fluid combined with a shift kit sure made a
> huge
> difference to me - enough of one to make me not want to rip it out in
> favor
> of a manual just yet.

did you do the trick shift fluid at the same time as the shift kit? if
not, what further difference did the trick shift fluid make?

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
Apple Campus Rep  -  ClassTech Consultant  -  Printer Tech