Re: Need Help! Charging system problem

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 05:09:02 EDT

Hey, Don,

<snip>My charging system is not charging.<snip>

Firstly, a belated welcome to the DML!
Secondly, I'd say your alternator Sh*t the bed. I'm no electrical wiz, but
if you can keep the DAK running with a good battery, then there's probably
no amps (or low amps) coming from the alternator. Your battery will keep it
running for awhile, but the electrical system will just continue to drain
it. Generally, if your headlights will start to dim, while the engine is
running, that's the cause. Might as well check the serp belt, too. It may be
stretched and not turning the alternator pulley fast enough.
Again, I'm no wiz, but that's where I'd look.
HTH,

Bob Smith (DAKSY2K on AIM)
Averill Park, NY
2K DAK SY CC Sport + V6 4X4 5 Speed