Re: Idiot's @ Auto Zone.......(all true I swear)

From: Doug Myers, Jr. (doug.myers2@verizon.net)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 07:54:42 EDT

    I have the same problem trying to buy a distributor caps for my '99 318
(360 now) at Pep Boys. I'd buy them somewhere else, but their the only ones
locally here that have brass. Their computer doesn't show one for a '99. One
of their parts guys actually told me that my truck doesn't have a
distributor, and that I have a coil pack!!! Of course, they didn't show a
coil pack either, lol. I had to take the guy outside to my truck and show
him the distributor before he'd try a lookup for a different year dakota.
Now I just tell them I have a '92 Dakota 318 and get the parts without the
hassle.
    It seems all too often now, no offense to anyone, that some (most) of
these guys let the computer replace their brain, and "the customer is always
wrong" because the computer says so. <<shaking head>>

Doug Myers
'99 Dakota 360/5-speed/3.92SG