Re: OT:Traveling south by motorcycle

From: Jeffery B. Denning (jldenning@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 14:07:09 EDT

81 S from Winchester is an ugly road -- congested, lots-o-trucks and more than your average dose
of mindless tailgaters. Not much respect for bikes, I'd bet. It's harrowing w/ sheet metal
wrapped around you. I'd have to say it's worse than 95. Plus, b/c of all the above it gets lots
of attention from the State Police.

I've done the B.Ridge Pkwy/Skyline Drive on bikes a few times. It's an absolutely beautiful
ride, but its really really slow (compared to an i-state) and it takes you pretty far W.

If you come through Washington DC, AVOID rush hour (6:30-10AM; 3:00-7PM) on 95-495-95S. It's a
parking lot and those drivers respect only themselves.