Re: Mike's Exhaust

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 17:31:26 EDT

On Thursday, August 7, 2003, at 02:44 PM, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> Michael Maskalans <mike-lists@tepidcola.com> wrote:
> [...]
> : looks like I'll be doing a bit of work there, anyway, in addition to
> : changing Tom's tires. my exhaust just popped off a third time, so I
> : need to pull that pipe off, poke a small hole in it and pound out
> that
> : ding that's keeping it from going all the way onto the Y pipe. I
> knew
> : I'd regret taking the clamp off the old-fashioned way....
>

> If you like, I could put a couple of small welds on there.
> Nothing so big that you couldn't grind them off if you ever wanted to
> disconnect the pipes, but enough to hold them in place and keep it from
> popping loose.

a couple of spots might not be a bad idea, once I get that ding pounded
out and can get the pipe up to where it should be.

> As far as cooling it off goes, I have found that a blast of
> compressed air goes a long way towards cooling off hot parts,
> especially
> thin ones like exhaust tubing, and if it is cooling too slowly,
> spraying
> a little water on it will help to speed things along.

sounds like a good plan to me. shouldn't take too long. unlike
getting a new drawbar just did =)

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
Apple Campus Rep  -  ClassTech Consultant  -  Printer Tech