new drawbar

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 17:36:32 EDT

so I decided that this upcoming towing adventure would be enough
justification to replace my rapidly degrading drawbar with one of those
very nice solid shank one-piece Reese units, which ought to last me
through about 4 more trucks.

However, after walking out of the trailer shop, I managed to stick it
in my receiver about half an inch. I'm thinking the bike carrier I
carried for the first half of the summer is a little bit smaller
diameter.....

filing and wire brushing weren't making much headway, so they let me
pull around back and got out the torch. a few hundered degrees later,
all the rust had popped off (sounded like popcorn. heh) and the hitch
slid right in, just like it was supposed to.

just thought I'd share my hour long adventure at Brad's Trailer
Service. If you're in Rochester, I'd highly recommend them. top notch
guys who just went the extra mile for me with loaner tools and some
torch time. <http://www.bradstrailer.com/>

--
Michael Maskalans             <http://mike.tepidcola.com/>
Apple Campus Rep  -  ClassTech Consultant  -  Printer Tech