Re: Untitled (4.7 Tricks)

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 18:21:18 EDT

thoulton@lanl.gov wrote:
> I need some inexpensive tricks to help my '01 Dakota quad 4X4 with the
> 4.7 liter and automatic. I have already bought a "cat-back" exhaust from
> NAPA and a drop in K&N filter which made amazing improvements -I just want
> MORE --(It's the old man's turn for goodies since the kids have finally
> left home.) I live at 7000+ ft so there's no air to breathe and 91 octane
> is about this best we can get at the local stations. Kinda want to keep it
> quiet /not too radical, since I work in association with the local Police
> Dept and Search and Rescue. Besides "sleepers" get the smart arse teenagers
> attention. Any tricks will be greatly appreciated .

Since I don't know the meaning of the word "inexpensive," I'm going to
suggest you get the 4.7HO bits out of a Grand Cherokee, which include
Heads, Camshafts, and Intake manifold. This will put you to at least
265 ponies and 325 lb-ft of torque. I don't know if there is a
different engine computer calibration, but if there is, your results
won't be a stellar.

KRC performance has a fairly complete line of 4.7 stuff - they even have
a page of common stuff for the 4.7. You can get ported heads and such
for the 4.7 from them as well. http://www.krcperformance.com