Re: IAT sensor probs

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 21:16:53 EDT

At 06:05 PM 8/7/03 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi all, my check engine light has been popping on and shutting off randomly
>over the last week or so. I am pulling p0113 and p0311 which is the IAT
>sensor.
>Is there a quick/easy fix I can do to keep the check engine light from
>coming on?
> Jimmy L

The p0113 indicates that the pcm is reading a voltage of more than 5 for more
than 3 seconds. Being that your problem is an intermittent one, check the
wiring harness for any problems with the wires. Also check the connector to
the sensor that it's clean and firmly seated. I had my check engine light come
on right after I re-installed the IAT sensor at the track. I shut the
engine off, removed
the connector from the sensor and hooked it back up. No check engine light.

BTW there doesn't seem to be a p0311 code listed for Dodge trucks.

HTH.
Bob