RE: RE: Race Seats installed.

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 08:59:51 EDT

When I put the '99 buckets in my '96 I used 1/4" steel flat bar to make
the adapter with a small piece of 1/4" stacked on top of that at the
bolts. The steel flat bar in that size doesn't flex whatsoever. Luckily
I had some that was already precut to the correct length I needed. No
hardware stores had that size. BTW, for those of you with Gen II's with
buckets that height is nearly perfect. I could use it 1/4" lower myself
but far better than sitting on the floor that the original buckets made
me feel like.

Jeff Durling

First time I used 1" square aluminum bar (stuff on passenger side). It
put the seat up too high. I liked the position, but the steering wheel
was in my lap. Then I used some steel flat bar. The steel was plenty
strong to not fail, but flexed badly so I leaned to the left and the
seat wasn't solid. Finally I used the C-section steel bar (as
pictured), stiff and strong.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota