Re: W32.Blaster.Worm

From: branning hotmail (brannings@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Aug 12 2003 - 20:56:00 EDT

When you do windows update does it instantly go to 100% when scanning for
updates? If so it probably isnt finding the updates because of one of the
following:

-Date and time are set wrong
-Language is not set

Try the following:
    -Close out of IE
    -Start...Settings...Control Panel...Internet Options
        -under the general tab delete cookies
        -delete files (check the delete all offline content button)
        -clear history
    -Click the Languages tab and make sure at least one language is
installed (hopefully english)
    -Make sure date and time are correct along with timezone.

Let me know if that solves it.

Thanks,

Branning
http://brannings.tripod.com