Re: RE: Re: Re: DML Need exhaust system upgrade advice

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 19:22:10 EDT

Bernd D. Ratsch wrote:
> Yup...sounds excellent but still has that "rice" sound at higher RPM's.
> Try looking at the MagnaFlow "TurboXL"...i'm running it on my '97 V6
> (with 3" single exhaust) and it sounds very nice at all rpm ranges.

I have a flowmaster 40 series on my '92 V6. It's pretty bitchin'.
Doesn't sound to "farty" or anything, although the in cab noise is
probably a little too loud for anyone with any kind of reason. I love
when driving alongside concrete highway dividers, the exhaust note just
plain sounds mean. There are some strange in-cab resonances, but
overall I really like 'em - do bear in mind that I'm 19, so my tolerance
for aural discomfort is probably a little greater than most person's.