Re: Re: Possible virus/worm sender?

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 18:54:25 EDT

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 16:10:41 -0400, jbattles@bankfinancial.com ("Josh
Battles") wrote:

>I got something from that person a while ago. Being stupid I opened it and
>it was something about email verification to verify that you're not a
>spammer or something. Without thinking I clicked on the link and
>immediately kicked myself in the head. The spam hasn't stopped since. I
>had to have the mail admin turn on some sort of spam filter for my mailbox
>so that they'd stop.

Yep, I got one from the signbiz guy too. It's actually not from him,
it's from "SpamArrest" (see: www.spamarrest.com), a company that
supposedly provides spam protected e-mail by doing sender verification
for you. I've always suspected that they harvest e-mail addresses for
the purposes of sending out spam or at least selling the list to other
people who send out spam. Now I know for sure.

Sadly, I've got about two dozen users who have signed up for it and
are using it. To make matters worse, it pops their e-mail every 2
minutes around the clock. *sigh*

-Bill