Re: Chisel Boy No More!

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 02:23:42 EDT

Michael Maskalans wrote:
> how long did you have the parts
> before you put it together? =)

Actually had the parts for it for about two months i think. the reason
it sat was because the keys the dealer cut from using the VIN number -
(factory keys) didnt work... the locks had apperently been changed on
the jeep at some point in its life - - I would have had to have pulled
the locks out of the two doors and the rear hatch and have them rekeyed
I didn't have the time nor the money to do that. My friend finding the
lost key is what got the ball rolling. Since I didnt need the other
three locks rekeywed all I needed to do was take the old key in and have
the ignition lock cyl. Cost me nothing to have the ignition lock
rekeyed. Then it was simple matter to install the parts.

Terrible Tom

"Take me to the river, drop me in the water..." - Talking Heads

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 - aka "Christine" Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name And Yahoo Messenger Name: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/