Re: Finally back online.

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 15:37:41 EDT

droo wrote:

> Well. I'm finally back online. I installed sp4 on my win2k installation and
> it took a dump. Wouldn't boot. All I wanted to do was get that worm
> protection. So I had to reinstall and do all sorts of fancy shit. I finally
> got back onlin Friday night, but I had trouble with this email account and
> Got it back today. So now I'm back with sp4 installed along with all other
> available updates. Everything seems to working ok now as well.
>
> -Droo
>
> --

read this and the other pages (prev/next)
http://isc.sans.org/diary.html?date=2003-08-14

apparently it also installs backdoors and
popups :(

a complete drive wipe/format and reinstall
is now being advised.

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced ;)