Re: RE: Re: RE: Guess my engine numbers!

From: John Bell (john_bell_2@hushmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 17 2003 - 15:46:30 EDT

Cool - my own guess uses 30% drivetrain loss, and I am assuming about a 15%
increase in HP and 20% increase in TQ at the shaft.

My personal guess: 200 rwhp and 290 rwtq.

By the way, after resetting the computer, doing a "reburn" on the Hypertech
programmer, and gettin' about 200 miles under its belt, the Dak is really
starting to dial in. I am getting close to 17-18 mpg in stop and go driving,
which is just -insane- for this truck (I was getting 14 mpg under the same
trip profile before the exhaust upgrade, and the factory sticker said 12,
which is what I was getting before "mod fever" kicked in). That exhaust sure
was the missing piece to the puzzle. The intake whistles all the time now,
as opposed to just when the Dak was cold - the old hoss can *breathe* :-).

Can't wait to get the real numbers. Haven't decided what the prize for the
closest guess will be yet...

--
JB

""Bernd D. Ratsch"" <bernd@texas.net> wrote in message news:000801c364f0$d030e5e0$020aa8c0@system... > > It's about 20% for a 5-speed and 22-24% for an automatic (unless of > course you've got a Hemi - then, it's 33-35% - crappy trans and TQ > converter). Add about 2-5% for AWD or 4WD and you should be close. > > - Bernd