Re: The Good The Bad And The Creepy

From: Jon (jonsdak@midmaine.com)
Date: Mon Aug 18 2003 - 22:23:22 EDT

I'm another DDAC (Dak Driver Against Chrome).
My uncle has a black RC/SB Chevy 1500 Sport with Chrome plating on the
rocker panels, and even (get this) a Chrome gas cap. Yech. I actually think
the Sport trucks, especially the black ones, (complete with red bowties
:-)), aren't as ugly as most Chevy's are, but the chrome ruins any asthetic
appeal that this bowtie-wearing truck may have had in the beginning.
To be fair, my uncle bought it used, and they were on it when he got it, but
if I had bought it (Me? A Chevy truck? Never!), the chrome would have
disappeared as soon as it was in my yard.
I don't know why I'm surprised that it's still on there, his taste is
questionable anyway. After all, he bought a Chevy! :-)

--
-Jon
jonsdak@midmaine.com