Chrome Domes

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 00:27:35 EDT

Jon wrote:
> I'm another DDAC (Dak Driver Against Chrome).
> My uncle has a black RC/SB Chevy 1500 Sport with Chrome plating on the
> rocker panels, and even (get this) a Chrome gas cap. Yech. I actually think
> the Sport trucks, especially the black ones, (complete with red bowties
> :-)), aren't as ugly as most Chevy's are, but the chrome ruins any asthetic
> appeal that this bowtie-wearing truck may have had in the beginning.
> To be fair, my uncle bought it used, and they were on it when he got it, but
> if I had bought it (Me? A Chevy truck? Never!), the chrome would have
> disappeared as soon as it was in my yard.
> I don't know why I'm surprised that it's still on there, his taste is
> questionable anyway. After all, he bought a Chevy! :-)

Now just a damned minute!! I happen to like chrome lower break trim
(rocker panels) it looks very nice when properly done. As a chrome
man, I will admit that it is VERY easy to go overboard with chrome.
Chrome must be used properly or you have a very gaudy looking set up.
Chrome when placed in the proper areas and in proper amounts... is a
Wonderful Thing. And thats all she wrote :-P

Terrible Tom

"Take me to the river, drop me in the water..." - Talking Heads

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 - aka "Christine" Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name And Yahoo Messenger Name: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/