Re: Towing and Gas Mileage

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 18:04:04 EDT

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 17:56:11 -0400, jbattles@bankfinancial.com ("Josh
Battles") wrote:
>> > I don't trust myself to do the transmission service yet, so it'll
>> > still be going in to the dealer for that.
>>
>> I hear that.
>
>Huh? I must have missed something. Take it back to the stealer? Wild. You
>know it's not difficult at all to change transmission fluid. If you can
>manage to take on your differentials then the trans should actually be a
>little easier. (It will be messier and smell better though) Anyone with
>some basic mechanical skills should easily be able to take care of it. If
>you like, I can scan and email pages from my FSM to whomever is interested.

It's a mental thing. I've read the steps in my Chilton manual
(=tehsuk, IMO.. going to buy FSM soon) and it doesn't seem hard.. it's
just the way that messing with the transmission sits in my head.

If you have time to scan and send the pages, though, that'd be cool.
I'll certainly take a look at them.

-Bill