Re: Passenger side carpet removal

From: Corey Betka (betka@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 15:37:51 EDT

(I'm working from a 2 year old memory here, had a window that leaked
and it took awhile to get Dodge to fix it right, check the archives
for the details.)

> Okay guys. I have tonight free and I want to pull back the carpet on the
> passenger side so I can get to the padding underneath so I can let it start
> to dry.
        The padding is closed cell foam formed to the back of the
carpet, so pulling it up doesn't help much.

> 1. What's involved?
        Pull out the door sill, remove the kick panel, flip it around
the various vents and hoses.

> 2. Is it easy to get up?
        Maybe.

> 3. I don't see any visible screws holding the plastic sill down, how is it
> held in?
        Metal interior clips that hook to plastic, so be careful. You
need to pull it up in the middle first and arch it from end to end to
keep from breaking the tabs that hold it under the front and rear
chunks of plastic (learned that the hard way).

> any help would be greatly appreciated. I guess I should have bought the FSM
> a couple months ago, like I had planned to.

Back to fighting Sobig in the regular job.

--
Corey Betka
'01 4x4 4.7l CC Forest Green w/dumbo ears