RE: RE: RE: injectors

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 21:19:27 EDT

"The ECM has power transistors (also called injector drivers) in it to
control the switching of the injectors ON and OFF. These injector
drivers can only handle a certain amount of power or they will fail.
This power is related to the injector impedance. A high impedance
injector will result in lower power passing through the injector
drivers. As injectors get larger, their impedance drops and the power
increases. Make sure the ECM can handle the impedance of the injectors
you install or you could fail the ECM. "

The injectors on our trucks are "High Impedance" - range = 12-16ohm.
("Low Impedance" are from .9ohm-4ohm).

When you change the resistance, you're also changing voltage. (Ohm's
law)

- Bernd