Re: RE: RE: injectors

From: Shane Moseley (smoseley@datastar.net)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 00:02:03 EDT

More or less resistance results in less or more current. This is not
the issue as once the injectors are open - they are open regardless of
how much current is passing through them. Opening times and closing
times can be affected slightly. Impedance and more important, reactance
can cause different things to occur like possibly smoking the whole PCM
in extreme cases. It really depends on whether or not the factory
implemented any flyback current management. My guess is they only
provided what was necessary to operate factory rated original and maybe
some factory replacement injectors (if not identical). Real flyback
management only comes with the better designs that are usually found in
aftermarket ECU's. For example, the megasquirt can handle pretty much
any injector (low and/or high impedence/resistance) and even 12+
injectors in multiple banks simultaneously or staged via rpm or map or
? There is even an extra flyback management daughterboard for use with
lots of massive/nasty injectors.

Peace,

Shane