Re: Wrangler RT/S to BFG Radial T/A?

From: Ed McCarrick (edmccarrick@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 16:23:33 EDT

--- "Mierzejwski, Robert J." <rmierzej@telcordia.com>
wrote:

> My 2000 CC 4.7 4x2 came with GY wrangler RT/S tires
> and I'm seriously
> considering going to a more street friendly tire
> such as the BFG radial T/A
> in 255/70 which will put me about +.18" taller. No
> big deal. I'm wondering
> if anyone could predict what kind of performance
> change I should expect. I
> am in NJ so I drive in some snow, but how much worse
> could the radial T/As
> be compared to the crappy RT/S? I had trouble
> getting up a small slope in my
> driveway with them. If the radial T/As would be
> horrible in any wet or snow
> then I guess I'd have to stick with more of an all
> season LT tire. If so,
> I'm considering either the Bridgestone Dueler A/T or
> the Dunlop Radial Rover
> A/T,

I had the Radial Rover A/T on an Ferd and had good
luck with them. I was allowed to participate with said
truck at the 1st annual BBQ and did pretty good with
them except for slippery hill ;-) I sold the truck a
year later and do not know how long they lasted. I
currently have Radial Rover R/T. They are great in the
mud, but I will be lucky to get 15K out of them.

Ed