Re: Re: Time to get the truck inspected..... (bit long, rant)

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 18:17:14 EDT

"Craig Rash" <2kdaksport@comcast.net> wrote:

: I used to live in Florida.... no inspection whatsoever!! That was great
: for those of us who kept our vehicles reasonably safe.. However there were
: some REEEEAL scary looking bombs on the road.

   I went to visit my brother recently who lives in Florida - as I was
driving behind him, I noticed that he had no brake lights! Once we
got back to his house I pulled his lenses out, had no bulb on one side
and a burned out bulb on the other. I bought him a couple of new bulbs
and replaced them, but unfortunately the lights still didn't work -
fuse was fine, looks like whatever energizes that circuit when the brake
pedal is pressed wasn't working. I didn't have time to get into it any
deeper than that, but he promised he'd have the techs at the auto
dealership where he works take a look at it!

  I don't know if anyone else has ever driven in the Fort Lauderdale/
West Palm Beach area, lets just say I'm surprised he hasn't been rear
ended yet!!

  Anyway, I guess that didn't have much to do with the topic - the
mention of Florida and no inspection triggered that little memory. :-)

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com ------. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | 70 Cuda, 90 Dak 'vert, 92 Ram 4x4, 96 Dak, 96 Intruder 1400, 96 FireFly | `------------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'