Re: return trip

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 15:36:17 EDT

Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@earthlink.net> wrote:

: JAMES KNOX wrote:
:> Jon & Michael Maskalns
:>
:> Good Info on the Ferry! But with respect Remember The Ship EDMUND
:> FITZGERALD that was Lost!
:>
:> Jim Knox :-) Dakota as in DC-3 and Truck

: Ya know, thanks to Mike I have been considering this as a viable
option
: to cut short my travel times back and forth to DML HD... However
: considering my previous attempt at a water crossing with a truck, I'm

: understandably hesitant heh. I doubt Jon's winch is long enough to
reel
: in Christine from that far under water heh. Now I'm really
considering
: a pontoon modification.

>>> jon@dakota-truck.net 08/22/03 01:19PM >>>

  Heheheh! Yeah, after 125 feet, you're on your own! ;-)

  Would the ferry actually be a shortcut though? I think I read it
takes 4 hours for the crossing; I would guess there would be some
additional time involved for embarking, disembarking, delays,
detours to get to the loading spot and get back on course from the
exit point. etc. 4 hours worth of driving would be around 240 miles,

seems like it would be faster to keep driving, but I guess it depends
on the time of day and how congested Chicago is.

Yeah, but Tom could use that 4 hours to work on his truck ( gotta be at
least as easy/safe as being in the middle lane of the Kennedy during
rush hour...)