Re: RE: A518 Vs. 727

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 01:08:16 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> Hmmmmm... I hadn't realized the Gear Vendors was that "cheap".
> For some reason I thought it was somewhere just over $3K. For a total
> investment of $2800, that definitely sounds better than a built 518! :-)
> I may have to keep this in mind for the Cuda. Its got a 727 in front of
> 3.91 gears so it is definitely no highway cruiser - it is happiest at
> 50-55mph. :-) Since I have an 8.75" rear, I had thought about getting
> an additional carrier with 2.XX gears, but that's not exactly a cheap
> proposition either. Certainly cheaper than a gear vendors and a
> shortened driveshaft, but an hour of wrenching vs a split second to
> push a button sure has got to be worth something. :-) Only problem
> though (besides the money) is that I'm sure I'd have to hack up my brand
> new TTI exhaust system to cram the overdrive under there. :-(

Jon, the Cudas an auto??? The guy who owns two 5-speed Daks owns an
auto trannied Cuda?? I must have mistaken that far left hammer for a
clutch. Parking brake??? I'm somewhat dissapointed - yet at the same
time highly excited at the idea that I could in theory, jimmy your
ignition lock and then actually be able to DRIVE the cuda. I cant drive
a stick - - (shut up Andy!!)

Terrible Tom

"Take me to the river, drop me in the water..." - Talking Heads

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 - aka "Christine" Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name And Yahoo Messenger Name: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/