Re: Reducing rear end squat when towing (was: Shocks / Spring

From: Michael Quigley (michael9@michael9.com)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 23:13:39 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net said:
> Yep! I first became aware of their benefits when Ed (the DMLer from
> whom I purchased his WD setup from when he didn't need it anymore) and
> myself went to the Oshkosh fly-in a few years back in his 2000 QC towing
> his 35' or so travel trailer. With the weight distribution setup, the
> truck didn't squat much - looked almost like there was no trailer
> attached at all. We saw full size trucks towing similar sized trailers
> without the WD setup and they were squatting in the rear something fierce!
>
> Plus, the WD setup makes for a much more stable ride - a nice benefit
> especially over less than perfect roads and in windy conditions. Its
> just a safer method all around.

Slick... While I can't imagine how there would be a problem using one of these
with my Loadmaster trailer, I'm running it by those folks to see what they
think. If they don't come up with any showstopper issues, I'll get one of
these going this week.

Fortunately I've got a truck and trailer parts store right down the street
that does excellent work and usually stocks all of these things. I got my
electric brake controller from them.

Michael
02 4.7L 4x4 QC