Re: Daktoberfest 2003

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 12:57:57 EDT

Michael Maskalans wrote:

> On Friday, August 22, 2003, at 12:27 AM, Terrible Tom wrote:

  The Jeep is not
>> highway worthy and the cost to get it there might be more than a round
>> trip flight.
>

> not highway worthy? I thought that thing was pretty solid....

Hey Mike... yeah I'm not too confidant in the mechanical "safe" factor
of the XJ. That camping trip I took earlier this month revealed some
problems (which I have known have been developing) Remember I mentioned
the bad wheel joints up front? Well at 80 MPH the front end of the jeep
started shaking like crazy. I backed it down after that and didnt push
it as hard (then what do I go and do but beat it up down a muddy road
heh) On trips to my cabin and home or to chicago and home.. I think its
ok - but I would not be confidant taking it 1600 miles. There is also a
rubbing/grinding/rotating metal-on-metal sound when I make turns. Not a
klunk.. I dunno - it could be ball joints or wheel bearings.

  I would feel better about taking Christine on the road than the Jeep
lol. (after the tranny and oil leak were fixed and after I go over it
with a fine tooth comb and after I pack a large box of spare parts
etc... heh

Terrible Tom

"Take me to the river, drop me in the water..." - Talking Heads

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 - aka "Christine" Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name And Yahoo Messenger Name: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/