Re: Daktoberfest 2003

From: Michael Maskalans (mike-lists@tepidcola.com)
Date: Fri Aug 22 2003 - 04:04:57 EDT

On Friday, August 22, 2003, at 12:27 AM, Terrible Tom wrote:

> Ok guys - - here we go again!!
>
> Who wants a Daktoberfest??

I know if Jon is up for it, I'd certainly like an excuse to head back
sooner rather than later =)

> Jon - are you willing to invite *chaos* back to the Homeland so soon??
> If I am to attend I will need to know when it will go down, inorder to
> see if I can arrange the time off work. This job has thrown a monkey
> wrench into my happy-go-lucky lifestyle. However being part-time, I
> am able to keep a flexable work week. I am considering flying into
> Buffalo and either renting a car, or hitching a ride with whoever
> could offer me a ride into DML HQ for the weekend. The Jeep is not
> highway worthy and the cost to get it there might be more than a round
> trip flight.

not highway worthy? I thought that thing was pretty solid.... as for
the cost issue, if your math works out the same way mine usually does,
it is about the same price to fly or drive once you factor in gas and
lodging - to say nothing of wear and food. however, the desire of a
rental might push you over the edge.... I'm certainly willing to
pu/drop off in BUF if I can, though.

as far as scheduling goes, I think it's the weekend of the 18th that's
bad-ish for me (my g/f would like to show up this time, even though her
Dak died, and she's got a track meet that weekend, IIRC)

I hope I'm not jumping the gun too badly.... don't feel overly
pressured, Jon. we just love to bring parts of your property around
the country with us =)

--
Michael Maskalans                '98 Dakota SLT CC 4x4 318
details here:         <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak.html>